Supported eye trackers
Optikey supports the following eye trackers...
- Tobii Eye Tracker 4C ¹ - listed price (as at 17-Nov-2016) €159
- Tobii EyeX ¹ - listed price (as at 17-Nov-2016) €109
- Irisbond Duo - listed price (as at 17-Dec-2018) €1590
- Steelseries Sentry Eye Tracker (this is actually a re-branded Tobii EyeX) ¹ - listed price (as at 17-Nov-2016) $139.99
- myGaze - listed price (as at 03-Nov-2016) €499/$499 Older and newer versions both supported.
- Alienware 17 - Includes an EyeX compatible eye tracker
- Tobii PCEyeMini - listed price (as at 12-Sep-2016) £2,168.75
- Tobii REX ¹ - listed price (as at 15-Jul-2015) $795 / €595
- Tobii PCEye Plus ¹ - listed price €1599
- Tobii PCEye Go ¹ ² - listed price $1,995
- Tobii X2-30 ¹ - prices are difficult to find, but an article from 2013 lists the price as $20,000 AUD (roughly $15,000 USD) + TAX
- Tobii X2-60 ¹ - prices are difficult to find, but an article from 2013 lists the price as $40,000 AUD (roughly $30,000 USD) + TAX
- Tobii EyeMobile Plus ¹
- EyeTech TM5 mini eye tracker ³ - listed price £3,600+ on reseller sites
- TheEyeTribe - listed price (as at 15-Jul-2015) $99
- ITU GazeTracker - cost varies as this is a DIY project
¹ All Tobii eye trackers must be used with the Tobii Eye Tracking Core Software (previously the Tobii EyeX Engine) available for download here
² The PCEye Go must have firmware version 1.1.5 or later - see Using the PCEye-Go-tracker
³ The EyeTech TM5 is not currently supported, but instead it can be used to control the cursor position which can in turn can control Optikey, as shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M7FVBuMcec
Other input methods:
Optikey is designed to be used with an eye tracker, but you do not need one.
If you have an eye tracker which isn't yet fully supported, you may be able to use mouse emulation to control Optikey.
You can also control Optikey with a standard mouse, or use a webcam if you want to try it out.
Adding full support for new eye trackers may be possible - if you have an unsupported tracker then get in touch and I will see what I can do: firstname.lastname@example.org