A curated list of awesome open source workflow engines
Full fledged product
- Airflow - Python-based platform for running directed acyclic graphs (DAGs) of tasks
- Argo - Open source container-native workflow engine for getting work done on Kubernetes
- Azkaban - Batch workflow job scheduler created at LinkedIn to run Hadoop jobs.
- Brigade - Brigade is a tool for running scriptable, automated tasks in the cloud — as part of your Kubernetes cluster.
- Cadence - An orchestration engine to execute asynchronous long-running business logic developed by Uber Engineering.
- CloudSlang - Workflow engine to automate your DevOps use cases.
- Conductor - Netflix's Conductor is an orchestration engine that runs in the cloud.
- Cromwell - Workflow engine written in Scala and designed for simplicity and scalability. Executes workflows written in WDL or CWL.
- DigDag - Digdag is a simple tool that helps you to build, run, schedule, and monitor complex pipelines of tasks.
- Fission Workflows - A high-perfomant workflow engine for serverless functions on Kubernetes.
- Flor - A workflow engine written in Ruby.
- Imixs-Workflow - A powerful human-centric Workflow Engine based on the BPMN 2.0 standard.
- Kiba - Data processing & ETL framework for Ruby
- Mistral - Workflow service, in OpenStack foundation.
- Oozie - Workflow Scheduler for Hadoop.
- Pegasus - Automate, recover, and debug scientific computations.
- Piper - A distributed Java workflow engine designed to be dead simple.
- Pinball - scalable workflow manager by Pinterest
- RunDeck - Job Scheduler and Runbook Automation.
- Titanoboa - Titanoboa is a platform for creating complex workflows on JVM.
- Wexflow - A high-performance, extensible, modular and cross-platform workflow engine.
- Workflow Engine - A lightweight .NET and Java workflow engine.
- Workflow Core - Workflow Core is a light weight workflow engine targeting .NET Standard.
- Copper - A high performance Java workflow engine.
- Zeebe - A workflow engine for microservices orchestration that's capable of executing BPMN models, developed by the team at Camunda
- jBPM - The core of jBPM is a light-weight, extensible workflow engine written in pure Java that allows you to execute business processes using the latest BPMN 2.0 specification.
- Activiti - Activiti is a leading lightweight, java-centric open-source BPMN engine supporting real-world process automation needs.
- Activiti Cloud - is now the new generation of business automation platform offering a set of cloud native building blocks designed to run on distributed infrastructures.
- Flowable - The Flowable project provides a core set of open source business process engines that are compact and highly efficient. They provide a workflow and Business Process Management (BPM) platform for developers, system admins and business users.
- Bip.io - Web Automation For People And Robots.
- Zenaton - Workflow engine for data processes and background jobs.
Library (embedded usage)
- Luigi - Python module that helps you build complex pipelines of batch jobs.
- Camunda - Both a java library and optionally a full fledged product on top of it.
- Captain - Distributed, light-weight java workflow engine for a microservice architecture.
- Viewflow - Reusable workflow library that helps organize people collaboration business logic in django applications.
- Workflow Core - Lightweight workflow engine for .NET Standard