Virtual Meeting on November 19, 2014
- Hauke Petersen (FU Berlin)
- Oleg Hahm (INRIA)
- Martin Landsmann (HAW Hamburg)
- Peter Kietzmann (HAW Hamburg)
- Phạm Hữu Đăng Nhật (Ho Chi Minh University of Technology)
- Thomas Eichinger (FU Berlin)
- Ludwig Ortmann (FU Berlin)
Joined at the very end:
- Teemu Hakala (ell-i)
- Philipp Rosenkranz (FU Berlin)
- Oleg proposed the agenda
- Agenda was approved as followed:
- Organization/Managing of distributed development procedures
- Release branch
- Dependencies of special make targets (like
Organization/Managing of distributed development procedures
- As a reaction to the discussion on the mailing list, initiated by Peter, participants tried to figure out how to improve development procedures for porting efforts.
- Agreement was made that the wiki page on Development Procedures should state that porting for a new board should always require to create a wiki page for this board first.
- This wiki page should then point to an issue in the tracker coordinating porting tasks.
- For maximum visibility, a pointer to this information should be put into the README and on the wiki start page.
- Peter volunteered to add this information and pointers - by a PR and/or mailing list.
- Oleg proposed to create a release branch, where we can already merge some pending PRs (particular the network refactoring ones) for early testing.
- Hauke counter-proposed to have this branch not in the RIOT repository, but in Martine's fork.
- Participants agreed on Hauke's solution - assuming that Martine will agree, too.
Dependencies of special make targets (like
- Referring to #1724 and #2012 it was discussed if the
flashtarget should depend on
- Consensus was made that this would be most logical.
- However, it would be nice to specify different file names for one application to make it possible to flash different versions of an application.
- Peter pointed to #2021 and asked for comments.
- Consensus was made that having this meeting every two weeks is good.
- For the upcoming Hack'n'ACK party in Berlin, we'll try to connect with a similar event in Hamburg using PlaceCam over a single video conferencing setup (mic, speakers, cam, screen) per site.
- Minutes of these meetings should go into the wiki (sic!). For the next meeting we'll have to agree on a minute taker before the meeting starts.