Contributing to YUI
Clone this wiki locally
The YUI Project is a open-source project managed by the YUI engineering team at Yahoo! YUI is a library for building richly interactive web applications. Not only do you have access to the sourcecode, but you can contribute back fixes, new features, or create your own components in the YUI Gallery.
Join the Discussion
Join the yui-contrib mailing list so you can:
- Discuss technical issues about your feature.
- Contribute to ongoing discussions around YUI features.
- Read about major pull requests and give feedback.
Join the #yui IRC channel on Freenode to:
- Discuss issues and new features.
- Connect with other YUI developers.
- Share with and receive help from other YUI users.
Create a free account on GitHub so you can:
Use your GitHub account to:
- Fork the repo and make code changes. Be sure to use the right branch.
- Build YUI from the source.
- Test your changes.
- Issue pull requests.
- Be sure your pull request meets the Contribution Standards.
- Be sure to sign a CLA so your changes can be pulled in (see below).
Contribute to the Gallery
The YUI Gallery is an ecosystem of components created by developers just like you that are free to use in your own projects.
Create a free account on YUILibrary.com account so you can:
- Post on the support forum.
- Contribute modules to the YUI Gallery.
- Sign and submit a Contributor License Agreement (CLA) which allows you to:
- Have your Gallery modules hosted on the Yahoo! CDN.
- Contribute bug fixes and enhancements to the core library.
- (Make sure you check "individual" or "company" in the CLA form.)