YUI Deprecation Policy for APIs and Modules
- Discuss and vote on Contributor Mailing List
- Output log messages with category "warn" to alert users to deprecated APIs and modules at runtime.
- When a module is deprecated, rename it to "-deprecated" (only if you have a new one coming out with the same name)
- Create a ticket bug tracker for tracking
- Update API doc
- Update HISTORY.md with a
- Update component user guide
- Blog announcements
- Forecast the removal (foobar is deprecated as of version X.Y.Z. It will be removed no earlier than A.B.C)
- Announce the removal (foobar, which was deprecated in version X.Y.Z has now been removed as of A.B.C)
- Consider a standalone blog announcement for larger impact deprecations (i.e., Y.get).
- By default, remove in no less than 2 GA cycles