Mats Wichmann edited this page
Aug 16, 2021
Clone this wiki locally
This is the SCons Developer Guide. Start here to learn how to contribute to SCons and understand how it works under the hood.
- Getting the source
git clone https://github.com/SCons/scons.git
- Source tree organization
- Hacking on the source
- Installation (the way SCons is meant to be found)
- Nodes (Dir, File, Value, ...)
- Determining configuration
- Environments and what they encapsulate
- Building blocks for scripting (Commands, Actions, Builders, Emitters, ...)
- Parsing the SConscripts
- Node management (building the DAG)
- Running the DAG
- Scanning for implicit dependencies
- Dealing with signatures
- Overview of Modules and Classes
- Improvement ideas
- The man page, especially the Extending SCons section.
- Be sure to check out the developer guidelines
- LatexSupport (and TeX)
- VisualizeDependencies - display of large source graphs (DOT format) with yEd
- WhySconsIsNotSlow - runtime and speedup analysis
This is a work in progress.
Items to add:
- More information on .sconsign file.