Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
The QR Code symbology is a 2D matrix-style barcode symbology that can encode full 256 character extended-ASCII.
Also known as: Quick Response Code.
- Micro QR Code is a small QR Code that is used in applications that require a small symbol space.
- GS1 QR Code is a variant of Data Matrix that should be used when encoding data that is in GS1 Application Identifier standard format.
- HIBC QR Code is a variant of QR Code that should be used when encoding HIBC formatted data.
Standards: ISO/IEC 18004, JIS X 0510, ITS - QR Code, AIM ISS - QR Code.
Data and Options
- The data field can contain any extended ASCII data. The default interpretation of data by readers is in accordance with ISO/IEC 8859-1.
- When the parse option is specified, any instances of
^NNNin the data field are replaced with their equivalent ASCII value, useful for specifying unprintable characters.
- The eclevel option is used to specify the error correction level:
eclevel=M- Medium (default)
- The version option is used to specify the size of the symbol, 1 to 40.
- If unspecified the encoder will select the version of the symbol that is the minimum size to represent the given data at the selected error correction level.
- The format option is used to select between
format=micro(deprecated) symbol types. Alternatively,
format=anywill select the optimal symbol format for the given data. By default full format symbols will be generated.
- Note: It is recommended that the Micro QR Code encoder is used for such symbols.
Data: QR Code Options: Encoder: qrcode
Data: QR ^067ode Options: parse Encoder: qrcode
Data: QR CODE 1234 Options: version=10 eclevel=Q Encoder: qrcode