Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
The Code 39 barcode symbology is discrete, variable length and self-checking.
Also known as: Code 3 of 9, LOGMARS, Alpha39, USD-3, USS-39.
- Code 39 Extended is a variant of Code 39 that can be used to encode full 128 character ASCII with the use of shift character combinations.
- HIBC Code39 is a variant of Code 39 that should be used when encoding HIBC formatted data.
- AIM USD-2 is a subset of Code 39 containing the characters A-Z, 0-9, space,
Standards: ISO/IEC 16388, ANSI/AIM BC1 - USS Code 39, BS EN 800, MIL STD 1189.
Data and Options
- The data field can hold any of the following:
- Numbers 0-9
- Capital letters A-Z
- The includecheck option calculates the check digit.
- The includecheckintext option makes the calculated checksum appear in the human readable text.
- The hidestars option suppresses the asterisks in the human readable text.
Data: CODE39 Options: includetext Encoder: code39
Data: CODE39 Options: includecheck includetext includecheckintext Encoder: code39
Data: CODE39 Options: hidestars includecheck includetext Encoder: code39