Clone this wiki locally
The Code 39 barcode symbology is discrete, variable length and self-checking.
Also known as: Code 3 of 9, LOGMARS, Alpha39, USD-3, USS-39.
- Code 39 Extended is a variant of Code 39 that can be used to encode full 128 character ASCII with the use of shift character combinations.
- HIBC Code39 is a variant of Code 39 that should be used when encoding HIBC formatted data.
- AIM USD-2 is a subset of Code 39 containing the characters A-Z, 0-9, space,
Standards: ISO/IEC 16388, ANSI/AIM BC1 - USS Code 39, BS EN 800, MIL STD 1189.
Data and Options
- The data field can hold any of the following:
- Numbers 0-9
- Capital letters A-Z
- The includecheck option calculates the check digit.
- The includecheckintext option makes the calculated checksum appear in the human readable text.
- The hidestars option suppresses the asterisks in the human readable text.
Data: CODE39 Options: includetext Encoder: code39
Data: CODE39 Options: includecheck includetext includecheckintext Encoder: code39
Data: CODE39 Options: hidestars includecheck includetext Encoder: code39