Clone this wiki locally
The PDF417 barcode symbology is 2D stacked-linear barcode that can encode full 256 character extended-ASCII.
- Compact PDF417 is a shortened form of the PDF417 barcode that is used in applications where the space for the symbol is restricted.
- MicroPDF417 is a smaller variant of the PDF417 barcode.
- HIBC PDF417 is a variant of PDF417 that should be used when encoding HIBC formatted data.
Standards: ISO/IEC 15438, DD ENV 12925, AIM USS - PDF417.
Data and Options
- The data field can contain any extended ASCII data.
- When the parse option is specified, any instances of
^NNNin the data field are replaced with their equivalent ASCII value, useful for specifying unprintable characters.
- The eclevel option is used to specify the error correction level, from 1 to 5. The default is to choose a standard level of error correction that is determined by the encoded data length.
- The columns option specifies the number of columns (or groups of bars) in the output symbol, from 1 to 30.
- The rows option specifies the minimum number of rows in the symbol, from 3 to 90.
- If rows is unspecified the encoder will select a number that creates a symbol that is the minimum size to represent the given data.
- The rowmult option is used to specify how tall each bar is, with respect to the minimum module width. The default is 3.
- Deprecated: Use Compact PDF417 instead. The compact option is used to create a compact/truncated PDF417 symbol that has fewer bars per row that a standard symbol and hence is more narrow.
- The raw option denotes that the data field is providing the input as a pre-encoded codewords in
^NNNformat, suitable for direct low-level encoding.
- The ccc option identifies this symbol as a CC-C 2D component of a GS1 Composite symbol.
Data: PDF417 Options: Encoder: pdf417
Data: P^068F417 Options: parse columns=2 rows=15 Encoder: pdf417
Data: Strong error correction Options: columns=2 eclevel=5 Encoder: pdf417
Data: ^453^178^121^239 Options: raw columns=2 Encoder: pdf417