Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
The PDF417 barcode symbology is 2D stacked-linear barcode that can encode full 256 character extended-ASCII.
- Compact PDF417 is a shortened form of the PDF417 barcode that is used in applications where the space for the symbol is restricted.
- MicroPDF417 is a smaller variant of the PDF417 barcode.
- HIBC PDF417 is a variant of PDF417 that should be used when encoding HIBC formatted data.
Standards: ISO/IEC 15438, DD ENV 12925, AIM USS - PDF417.
Data and Options
- The data field can contain any extended ASCII data. The default interpretation of data by readers is in accordance with ISO/IEC 8859-1.
- When the parse option is specified, any instances of
^NNNin the data field are replaced with their equivalent ASCII value, useful for specifying unprintable characters.
- The eclevel option is used to specify the error correction level, from 1 to 5. The default is to choose a standard level of error correction that is determined by the encoded data length.
- The columns option specifies the number of columns (or groups of bars) in the output symbol, from 1 to 30.
- The rows option specifies the minimum number of rows in the symbol, from 3 to 90.
- If rows is unspecified the encoder will select a number that creates a symbol that is the minimum size to represent the given data.
- The rowmult option is used to specify how tall each bar is, with respect to the minimum module width. The default is 3.
- Deprecated: Use Compact PDF417 instead. The compact option is used to create a compact/truncated PDF417 symbol that has fewer bars per row that a standard symbol and hence is more narrow.
- The raw option denotes that the data field is providing the input as a pre-encoded codewords in
^NNNformat, suitable for direct low-level encoding.
- Deprecated: Internal use. The ccc option identifies this symbol as a CC-C 2D component of a GS1 Composite symbol.
Data: PDF417 Options: Encoder: pdf417
Data: P^068F417 Options: parse columns=2 rows=15 Encoder: pdf417
Data: Strong error correction Options: columns=2 eclevel=5 Encoder: pdf417
Data: ^453^178^121^239 Options: raw columns=2 Encoder: pdf417