Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
UPC-E is a compacted form of the UPC-A barcode symbology that usually carries a GTIN-12 with a number system of 0 or 1 that has been zero compressed.
- UPC-E0 is a UPC-E with a number system of 0.
- UPC-E1 is a UPC-E with a number system of 1.
- UPC-E+2 is an extension of UPC-E that includes a two-digit add-on.
- UPC-E+5 is an extension of UPC-E that includes a five-digit add-on.
- UPC-A is the full size form of UPC-E.
- UPC-E Composite is a variant of UPC-E that should be used when a CC-A or CC-B GS1 Composite 2D component is required.
Standards: ISO/IEC 15420, BS EN 797, GS1 General Specifications.
Data and Options
- The data field takes either seven or eight digits, optionally followed by a space then two or five digits if an EAN-2 or EAN-5 add-on is required.
- Alternatively, the data field may contain eleven or twelve digits of a UPC-A to produce the equivalent UPC-E symbol, provided that the input can be zero suppressed.
- If seven digits of primary data are supplied then the check digit is calculated automatically. Otherwise the provided check digit will be verified.
- The includetext option should normally be supplied.
Identical symbols, input provided with and without a check digit:
Data: 01234565 Options: includetext Encoder: upce
Data: 0123456 Options: includetext Encoder: upce
A truncated symbol:
Data: 01234565 Options: includetext height=0.5 Encoder: upce