Clone this wiki locally
File Attribute support:
This assumes you have pushed the Spacewalk client repository to your Spacewalk server and subscribed a server to it.
- Install the client utilities:
yum install rhncfg*
- Enable config management:
- Within the web GUI create a configuration channel and add files.
- Subscribe the client to the configuration channel.
- Either schedule a config deploy from the webUI or run 'rhncfg-client get' on the client.
Client utility functions
rhncfg-client - Meant for managing the configuration files in relation to what is on the client.
rhncfg-manager -- Meant for managing the configuration files on the server.
Can I automatically restart a service after a configuration file is deployed?
No, you can schedule a separate remote command though. Hopefully this is coming soon.
Can I upload files to the local sandbox or override list from the client (not to a configuration channel)? No, you can only upload to a specified configuration channel from the client.