Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Spacewalk 2.1 Release Notes
We are proudly announcing the release 2.1 of Spacewalk, a systems management solution.
The download locations are
with client repositories under
SUSE Linux client packages can be found here
For fresh installations, please use steps from
If you plan to upgrade from older release, search no more -- the following page will guide you:
Features & Enhancements in Spacewalk 2.1
- Spacewalk runs on Fedora 20, support for Fedora 18 has been dropped
- New UI look and feel (big thanks to SUSE upstream contributors)
- Twitter Bootstrap 3.0 integration.
- Responsive design works on desktops, tablets and phones.
- New date-picker will make scheduling events joyful.
- Password strength meter.
- Support for using SSL for connections to external/managed PostgreSQL
- SCAP improvements
- Added tailoring support to the Spacewalk (OpenSCAP enabled) client
- Enabled easy comparison between various SCAP scans
- Identity management (IPA) integration
- Plenty of small enhancements and fixes
- This is the last release of Spacewalk for RHEL5.
- New API calls:
The up-to-date API documentation can be found at http://www.spacewalkproject.org/documentation/api/
Our thanks go to the community members who contributed to this release:
- Aron Parsons
- Avi Miller
- Bo Maryniuk
- Christopher Duryee
- Cynthia Sanchez
- David Juran
- Dimitar Yordanov
- Duncan Mac-Vicar P
- Flavio Castelli
- Gregor Gruener
- Jan Pazdziora
- Jiri Mikulka
- Johannes Renner
- Mark Huth
- Maximilian Meister
- Michael Calmer
- Miroslav Suchý
- Paresh Mutha
- Paul Robert Marino
- Peter Gervase
- Shannon Hughes
- Silvio Moioli
- Simon Lukasik
- Tasos Papaioannou
In Spacewalk 2.1, we've seen
* 201 bugs fixed * 1715 changesets committed * 2357 commits done
User community, reporting issues
To reach the user community with questions and ideas, please use mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org. On this list, you can of course also discuss issues you might find when installing or using Spacewalk, but please do not be surprised if we ask you to file a bug at https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Spacewalk with more details or full logs.
Thank you for using Spacewalk.