Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
- Q0001 - Exim is crashing. What is wrong?
- Q0002 - Exim is not working. What is wrong? How can I check what it is doing?
- Q0003 - What does the error *Child process of address_pipe transport returned
- Q0004 - My virtual domain setup isn't working. How can I debug it?
- Q0005 - Why is Exim not rejecting incoming messages addressed to non-existent
- Q0006 - I've put an entry for
*.my.domainin a DBM lookup file, but it isn't
- Q0007 - I've put the entry
*@domain.comin a lookup database, but it isn't
- Q0008 - If I run
./exim -d -bt user@domainall seems well, but when I send a
- Q0009 - What does *no immediate delivery: too many messages received in one SMTP
- Q0010 - Exim puts for address in the Received: headers of some, but
- Q0011 - Instead of exim_dbmbuild, I'm using a homegrown program to build DBM
- Q0012 - Exim is unable to route to any remote domains. It doesn't seen to be
- Q0013 - What does the error message *transport system_aliases: cannot find
- Q0014 - Exim is timing out after receiving and responding to the DATA command
- Q0015 - What does the message *Socket bind() to port 25 for address (any)
- Q0016 - I've set
verify = header_syntaxin my ACL, but this causes Exim to
- Q0017 - Whenever Exim tries to deliver a specific message to a particular
- Q0018 - Why do messages not get delivered down the same connection when I do
- Q0019 - There seems to be a problem in the string expansion code: it doesn't
- Q0020 - Why do connections to my machine's SMTP port take a long time to respond
- Q0021 - What does failed to create child process to send failure message mean?
- Q0022 - What does No transport set by system filter in a log line mean?
- Q0023 - Why is Exim refusing to relay, saying *failed to find host name from IP
- Q0024 - When I run
exim -bd -q10mI get PANIC LOG: exec of exim -q failed.
- Q0025 - I can't seem to get a pipe command to run when I include a
- Q0026 - I'm trying to get Exim to connect an alias to a pipe, but it always
- Q0027 - What does the error Spool file is locked mean?
- Q0028 - Exim is reporting IP addresses as 0.0.0.0 or 255.255.255.255 instead of
- Q0029 - I can't seem to figure out why PAM support doesn't work correctly.
- Q0030 - I'm trying to use a query-style lookup for hosts that are allowed to
- Q0031 - Exim is rejecting connections from hosts that have more than one IP
- Q0032 - Exim is failing to find the MySQL library, even though is it present
- Q0033 - What does the error lookup of host "xx.xx.xx" failed in yyy router
- Q0034 - Exim works fine on one host, but when I copied the binary to another
- Q0035 - I set a
hostscondition in an ACL to do a lookup in a file of IP
- Q0036 - Why do I get the error *Permission denied: creating lock file hitching
- Q0037 - I am experiencing mailbox locking problems with Sun's
- Q0038 - What does the error message *error in forward file (filtering not
- Q0039 - I have installed Exim, but now I can't mail to root any more. Why is
- Q0040 - How can I stop undeliverable bounce messages (e.g. to routeable, but
- Q0041 - What does the message *unable to set gid=ddd or uid=ddd (euid=ddd):
- Q0042 - My ISP's mail server is rejecting bounce messages from Exim, complaining
- Q0043 - What does the error *Unable to get interface configuration: 22 Invalid
- Q0044 - What does the error Failed to create spool file mean?
- Q0045 - I see entries in the log that mention two different IP addresses for the
- Q0046 - A short time after I start Exim I see a defunct zombie process. What is
- Q0047 - On a reboot, or a restart of the mail system, I see the message *Mailer
- Q0048 - Whenever exim restarts it takes up to 3-5 minutes to start responding on
- Q0049 - What does the log message *no immediate delivery: more than 10 messages
- Q0050 - I am getting complaints from a customer who uses my Exim server for
- Q0051 - When I test my system filter with -bf, I get the error *filtering
- Q0052 - What does ridiculously long message header in an error report mean?
- Q0053 - Exim on my host responds to a connection with
220 *****...and won't
- Q0054 - I'm getting an Exim configuration error *unknown rewrite flag character
- Q0055 - What does the error *Failed to open wait-remote_smtp database: Invalid
- Q0056 - We are using Exim to send mail from our web server. However, whenever a
- Q0057 - We've got people complaining about attachments that don't show up as
- Q0058 - What does the error failed to open DB file /var/spool/exim/db/retry*:
- Q0059 - When my Outlook Express 6.0 client sends a STARTTLS command to begin a
- Q0060 - Why am I getting the error failed to expand
- Q0061 - What does the error Too many Received headers - suspected mail loop mean?
- Q0062 - When I try to start an Exim daemon with -bd it crashes. I ran a
- Q0063 - When I try to start an Exim daemon, nothing happens. There is no
- Q0064 - When I run
exim -d test@domainit delivers fine, but when I send a
- Q0065 - When (as root) I use -C to run Exim with an alternate configuration
- Q0066 - What does the message unable to set gid=xxx or uid=xxx mean?
- Q0067 - What does the error too many unrecognized commands mean?
- Q0068 - Exim times out when trying to connect to some hosts, though those hosts
- Q0069 - What does the error *SMTP data timeout (message abandoned) on connection
- Q0070 - What does the error SMTP command timeout on connection from... mean?
- Q0071 - What does the error failed to open DB file /var/spool/exim//db/retry*:
- Q0072 - Exim will deliver to normal aliases, and aliases that are pipes or
- Q0073 - I'm seeing log file corruption, with parts of log lines getting mangled
- Q0074 - What does the error message *remote delivery process count got out of
- Q0075 - I'm using LDAP, and some email addresses that contain special characters
- Q0076 - I've configured Exim to use syslog for its logs, with the main and
- Q0077 - I've installed Exim and it is delivering mail just fine. However, when I
- Q0078 - Exim is logging the unknown SMTP command
XXXXfrom my client hosts,
- Q0079 - Our new PIX firewall is causing problems with incoming mail. How can
- Q0080 - Am I to understand that the database lookups must only return one value?
- Q0081 - What does error in redirect data: included file xxxx is too big mean?
- Q0082 - What does relocation error: /lib/libnss_dns.so.2: symbol
- Q0083 - Netscape on Unix is sending messages containing an unqualified user name
- Q0084 - I want to set up an alias that pipes a message to gpg and then pipes
- Q0085 - I see a lot of rejected EHLO ... syntactically invalid argument(s). I
- Q0086 - What does *SMTP protocol violation: synchronization error (next input
- Q0087 - What does *rejected after DATA: malformed address: xx@yy may not follow
- Q0088 - The Windows mailer SENDFILE.EXE sometimes hangs while trying to send a
- Q0089 - What does the error *kernel: application bug: exim(12099) has SIGCHLD
- Q0090 - I can't seem to get a pipe command to run when I include a
- Q0091 - Why is Exim giving the error *Failed to send message from address_reply
- Q0092 - The error message Program received signal SIGINT, Interrupt. occurs
- Q0093 - Why is email not being received? Messages are being lost with no entry