Release Notes: Sprint 27
Clone this wiki locally
What's New in Sprint 27
- Save As: Create a new file from an existing file using the File > Save As… menu, project tree context menu, or with the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+S or ⇧⌘S.
- Updated Quick View Gradient Support: Quick View for gradients now supports the "to" keyword for gradient direction and new repeating-linear-gradient and repeating-radial-gradient types.
- Update Brackets Shell (CEF): Update to the latest CEF, v 3.1453.1279.
Documentclass moved from
document/Documentmodule. Should not affect most code because, while document objects are widely used, the
Documentidentifier itself is rarely referenced directly.
"workingSetReorder"event renamed to
"workingSetDisableAutoSorting"(still has same semantics: fired when working set is reordered via manual drag & drop). See pull request for details.
openURLInDefaultBrowser()-- Parameters reversed to match other APIs - URL now comes 1st, optional error callback 2nd. Most code uses
NativeApp.openURLInDefaultBrowser()instead, and is not affected by this change.
New/Improved Extensibility APIs
"optionChange"event -- Triggered when an option for the editor is changed. See pull request for details. (Note: this may be deprecated when a full preferences API becoems available).
showSaveDialog()-- Shows a modal dialog for selecting a new file name.
- Callbacks for most
brackets.fsmethods are now optional. Note: this is a low-level API; most code should use NativeFileSystem instead.
- This build does not support Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard). We are hoping to restore 10.6 support very soon (see #4394).
- Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8) by default will not allow Brackets to run since it's not digitally signed yet. To work around this, right click the Brackets app and choose Open. You only need to do that once -- afterward, launching Brackets the normal way will work also.
- #2272: Windows Vista may not allow the Brackets installer to run (you may not see any error message). To work around this, right-click the installer file, choose Properties, and click the Unblock button.
- #3207: If you use a Sprint 21 or earlier build after using this build at least once, a few preferences such as Recent Projects may get reset. (You can back up your cache folder if you're concerned about this).
- #4362: Slow startup of Brackets and Live Preview on Windows due to Chrome proxy settings. See workaround https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/106010?hl=en.
- Debug > Run Tests is disabled in the installer/DMG distributions of Brackets, because the unit test code is not included. To run unit tests, pull Brackets from GitHub instead.
Community contributions to Brackets
- Update experimental Linux build to CEF 3.1453.1255 by Chhatoi Pritam Baral, radorodopski
- Add Editor optionChange event by Lance Campbell
- Add Groovy syntax highlighting by Arturo Elias
- Improve .ejs syntax highlighting by Lance Campbell
- Fix #2076: Change the events fired when working set is reordered by Tomás Malbrán
- Move Project Preferences Dialog variables to the template by Tomás Malbrán
- Template optimization: do not copy entire Strings Object; pass by reference instead by Tomás Malbrán
- Fix #3891: Extension name and description should be selectable by Bernhard Sirlinger
- Minor code clean ups by Anatoly Shikolay
- Add Hungarian translation by rigor789
- Spanish translation update by Chema Balsas
- German translation update by J.M.
- Use actual French in localization example by Florian M Valence
Bugs fixed in Sprint 27
For details on the bugs addressed, please refer to closed sprint 27 bugs. A few of the fixed bugs might not be caught by this search query, however.