Release Notes: 0.40
Clone this wiki locally
What's New in Release 0.40
- Online API documentation is now available - mirroring the JSDocs in the Brackets source code
- Toggle line/block comment for CoffeeScript & Lua (and other languages where the line-comment syntax is a prefix of the block-comment syntax, or the block-comment open & close tokens are identical)
- Ongoing Research (not implemented yet)
No major changes to existing features.
LESS - Updated to 1.7.0 (from 1.4.2). No known compatibility issues in Brackets - see changelog.
New/Improved Extensibility APIs
None added this sprint.
- Activity Monitor in Mavericks (OS X 10.9) says the Brackets Helper process is "Not Responding" even when it's working normally (#5794). You can safely ignore this unless Brackets is actually failing to respond when you click or type text.
- #2272: Windows Vista may not allow the Brackets installer to run (you may not see any error message). To work around this, right-click the installer file, choose Properties, and click the Unblock button.
- Debug > Run Tests is disabled in the installer/DMG distributions of Brackets, because the unit test code is not included. To run unit tests, pull Brackets from GitHub instead.
Community contributions to Brackets
- "Apify" documentation generator tool, designed specifically with Brackets API docs in mind by Chema Balsas
- Preference to highlight all occurrences of word under cursor by Tomás Malbrán
- Support line-comment syntax that is prefix of block-comment syntax, & identical block-comment open & close tokens. Enable Toggle Line/Block Comment for CoffeeScript & Lua. by Tomás Malbrán
- Extension Manager: decrease green update count when an extension is marked for update by Marcel Gerber
- Fix #5226/#7458: Scroll view if needed after Edit > Move Line Up/Down by Lance Campbell
- Fix #7598: Ensure opening a dialog always blurs code editor by Tomás Malbrán
- Fix #7905: Project tree shouldn't gray out dotfiles by Steffen Bruchmann
- Don't allow creating empty file filters in New/Edit Exclusion Set dialog by Marcel Gerber
- Treat .cljs and .cljx files as Clojure by Julien Eluard
- Extension Manager: show dates in locale-appropriate format by Marcel Gerber
- Update Less to 1.7.0 (and) by Bernhard Sirlinger
- Add 'Help > Brackets Homepage' menu item (and) by Bernd Schwarzenbacher
- Improve wording of file encoding error message by HighwayChile
- Fix UpdateNotification unit test by Marcel Gerber
- Fix CSS so striped tables in Brackets UI can contain non-striped nested tables by Fez Vrasta
- Cleanup: Remove unneeded brackets-shell API existence check by Triangle717
- German translation update by Marcel Gerber
- Czech translation update by kvarel
- Polish translation update by Olgierd Grzyb
- Brazilian Portuguese translation update by Rodrigo Tavares
- Norwegian translation update by steinmortenhugubakken
- Croatian translation update (and) by Kruno H
- Spanish translation update by Tomás Malbrán
- Russian translation update by Arzhan "kai" Kinzhalin (Intel Corp)
- Russian translation typo fix by Arzhan "kai" Kinzhalin (Intel Corp)
- Fix capitalization typo in README by Zach Ziccardi
Pulling source code from Git
- Some submodules were updated this sprint. Run
git submodule updateto ensure your source tree is fully up to date.
- A new brackets-shell build is not required, but is recommended for Windows bug fixes.
Bugs fixed in Release 0.40
For details on the bugs addressed, please refer to closed sprint 40 bugs. Not all fixed bugs will be caught by this search query, however.