Join GitHub today
Release Notes: 0.43
What's New in Release 0.43
- Quick Edit, Quick Find Definition, & Live Preview Highlight support: All these features now work the same for SCSS & LESS as they do for plain CSS.
- Live Preview supports SCSS & LESS editing if you use a third-party "file watcher" to automatically recompile your CSS on save. Brackets notices the changed CSS file and updates the page (without reloading). You can also use a Brackets extension such as Brackets SASS or LESS AutoCompile for this.
- Find/Replace: indicate current match index: The Find/Replace bar now shows "3 of 28" instead of just "28."
- Change file extension -> language/syntax mode mapping: After changing a file's language using the status bar switcher, you can save the change for all files with that extension by choosing "Set as Default" from the same dropdown. (This was previously accessible only by manually editing preferences).
- Live Preview
Ongoing Research (not available yet)
- Split view (early implementation on branch)
Keyboard shortcut changes
- Replace in Files changed to Ctrl-Shift-H (Win) or Cmd-Alt-Shift-F (Mac), to parallel the single-file Replace shortcut better.
- Show/Hide Sidebar changed to Ctrl-Alt-H (Win) or Cmd-Shift-H (Mac).
Linux: Edit menu - The Edit > Cut/Copy/Paste menu items are removed on Linux, because they did not work. These menu items will be restored once a native menu bar is implemented. Keyboard shortcuts for cut/copy/paste still work.
Theme authoring - Simplified how Find/Replace highlight colors are set. Read more...
window.open() - Only permits 'file://' URLs and 'about:blank', since brackets-shell is not a secure general-purpose web browser. Use
NativeApp.openURLInDefaultBrowser() to open webpages in the user's regular browser.
- #9002: Brackets freezes during Live Preview if you place the cursor on a line within a CSS/SCSS/LESS block comment that contains nothing but "}" with no indent. (Will be fixed in next release).
- #8966: Inline editor is blank if your CSS rule contains a vendor-prefixed property that uses an rgb()/rgba()/hsl()/hsla() color value. (Will be fixed in next release).
- Activity Monitor in Mavericks (OS X 10.9) says the Brackets Helper process is "Not Responding" even when it's working normally (#5794). You can safely ignore this unless Brackets is actually failing to respond when you click or type text.
- #2272: Windows Vista may not allow the Brackets installer to run (you may not see any error message). To work around this, right-click the installer file, choose Properties, and click the Unblock button.
- Debug > Run Tests is disabled in the installer/DMG distributions of Brackets, because the unit test code is not included. To run unit tests, pull Brackets from GitHub instead.
Community contributions to Brackets
- Add Themes tab to Extension Manager (+ part 2) by Miguel Castillo
- Fix Live Preview bugs when page contains iframe by Marcel Gerber
- Create Ukrainian translation by Maks Lyashuk
- Polyfill String.trimRight() to support IE10+ in-browser in part by David Humphrey
- Improve undo batching for inline CSS Bezier/timing editor's changes by Marcel Gerber
- Fix 8572: Dragging in color picker square causes hue to change by Marcel Gerber
- Fix 4920 & 5999: Don't terminate Working Files drag prematurely by Tomás Malbrán
Suport generic CodeMirror themes when using
ThemeManager.loadFile()(+ part 2) by Miguel Castillo
- Fix 8712: Make title of Themes dialog localizable by Denisov21
Fix code hint capitalization of meta tag's
- Fix spurious focus ring shown on inline editors by Marcel Gerber
- When prepopulating Find in Files query from editor selection, only use first line of text (as in Find) by Marcel Gerber
- Immediately hide Quick View popover when mouse leaves editor area by Marcel Gerber
- Add keywords for Ubuntu desktop search by Mark-Simulacrum
Add unit tests for
- Cleanup: better way to strip whitespace in JSLint extension by Martin Mädler
- Cleanup: Optimize 'Getting Started' sample project PNGs by Jamie Stevens
- Dutch translation for Getting Started by githrdw
- Italian translation update (+ part 2) by Denisov21
- Finnish translation update (+ part 2) by valtlait
- Chinese (Simplified) translation update by airycanon
- Brazilian Portuguese translation update by Brunno Pleffken
- German translation update by Marcel Gerber
- Spanish translation update by Tomás Malbrán
- Improve localization README.md by Pei-Tang Huang
- Fix typos in localization README.md by Denisov21
- Fix typo in LocalizationExample README.md by Denisov21
Documentation cleanup in
- Cleanup: Update documentation/community URLs to canonical version (+ part 2) by Eric J
Pulling source code from Git
- Rebuilding/updating brackets-shell is optional for this release (only change is one Mac-only bug fix).
- Some submodules were updated this sprint. Run
git submodule updateto ensure your source tree is fully up to date.
Bugs fixed in Release 0.43
For details on the bugs addressed, please refer to closed Release 0.43 bugs. Not all fixed bugs will be caught by this search query, however.