Release Notes: 0.44
Clone this wiki locally
What's New in Release 0.44
- Vertical & Horizontal Split View: View two files side by side or one above the other. Use the View menu or the icon next to Working Files to arrange. (Note: it is not yet possible to view the same file in both panes).
- Quick Docs support for vendor-prefixed CSS properties
- Fix bug #9002 - Brackets freezes during Live Preview on a line within a CSS/SCSS/LESS block comment that contains nothing but "}" with no indent.
- Fix bug #8966 - Inline editor is blank if your CSS rule contains a vendor-prefixed property that uses a rgb()-like color value.
Files and Folders
- Project tree improvements: Many small bug fixes in the sidebar file tree. Notably, it's now possible to right-click files that Brackets cannot open (such as binary files and non-UTF8 text files).
- New preference: show cursor in selected text: By default, Brackets hides the blinking cursor when you have a text selection; this behavior can now be disabled.
Working Files - Image files can now appear in the "Working Files" list at top.
Project Tree - Folders can no longer appear selected in the tree - the file tree selection always reflects what's viewed in the editor. Right-clicking a file in the project tree no longer opens it. This means it's now possible to right-click files that can't be opened, such as binary files or non-UTF8 text files.
Split View - Many APIs in DocumentManager, EditorManager and PanelManager are deprecated (though they continue to work for now). The newer replacement APIs may not behave exactly the same. Read SplitView Extension Migration Guide for more detail.
Coding Style - Brackets core code should no longer contain any unused variables. The Travis build will automatically fail for pull requests that don't adhere to this.
ProjectManager - The
"projectRefresh" event is no longer triggered. See "File list decorators" below for a new, more robust API for modifying project-tree rendering.
New/Improved Extensibility APIs
File list decorators - To modify the appearance of the Working Files list or the project tree below it, extensions can register decoration providers to add icons or arbitrary CSS. Use
ProjectManager - Several API fixes/improvements, including:
ProjectManager.renameItemInline()now returns a Promise to track completion
ProjectManager.createNewItem()no longer ignores the
- Activity Monitor in Mavericks (OS X 10.9) says the Brackets Helper process is "Not Responding" even when it's working normally (#5794). You can safely ignore this unless Brackets is actually failing to respond when you click or type text.
- Debug > Run Tests is disabled in the installer/DMG distributions of Brackets, because the unit test code is not included. To run unit tests, pull Brackets from GitHub instead.
Community contributions to Brackets
- Quick Docs: Support vendor-prefixed CSS properties by Marcel Gerber
- Sort Working Files locale-aware by Marcel Gerber
- Quick View: Only respond to color names in CSS/SCSS/LESS files by Marcel Gerber
- New preference: "showCursorWhenSelecting" by Marcel Gerber
- More consistently use "Release" (not "Sprint") to describe version number (part 2, part 3) by Marcel Gerber
- Switch Extension Manager tabs using Ctrl-(Shift)-Tab (+ part 2) by Marcel Gerber
Easing editor: Tolerate errant trailing comma in
cubic-bezier()by Marcel Gerber
- Add Debug > Open Brackets Source command by Marcel Gerber
Themes: Allow styling cursor without needing
!importantby Miguel Castillo
- Fix Quick View positioning with Split View by Marcel Gerber
- Fix Preferences bug in experimental ES6 Promises branch (not part of Brackets yet) by Arzhan "kai" Kinzhalin (Intel Corp)
- Cleanup: Remove many unused vars by Marcel Gerber
- Cleanup: Fix capitalization in function name by Arzhan "kai" Kinzhalin (Intel Corp)
- Cleanup: Update comment links to CodeMirror repo by Marcel Gerber
- Czech translation update (+ part 2) by kvarel
- Finnish translation update (+ part 2, part 3) by valtlait
- Galician translation update by Iván Barcia
- Italian translation update (+ part 2) by Denisov21
- Persian translation update (+ part 2) by Mohammad Yaghobi
- Romanian translation update by Micleusanu Nicu
- Spanish translation update by Jaime Olmo
Example of using package.json
i18nfield by Denisov21
Pulling source code from Git
- Rebuilding/updating brackets-shell is optional for this release.
- Some submodules were updated this sprint. Run
git submodule updateto ensure your source tree is fully up to date.
Bugs fixed in Release 0.44
For details on the bugs addressed, please refer to closed Release 0.44 bugs. Not all fixed bugs will be caught by this search query, however.