Release Notes: Sprint 33
Clone this wiki locally
What's New in Sprint 33
- Create new CSS rules via Quick Edit: In HTML files, click the CSS inline editor's "New Rule" button (or press Cmd/Ctrl-Alt-N) to create a new CSS rule based on the tag/class/id your cursor was on. The inline editor now appears even when no existing rules match the search, so you can easily create new CSS rules at any time.
Visually edit CSS transition Bezier timing functions: Just invoke Quick Edit when your cursor is on any
cubic-bezier()function in a CSS rule! (or a named shorthand such as
ease-in, etc.) to get a graphical editor based on Lea Verou's cubic-bezier.com.
- Preview image files: Select in image in the file tree (or via Quick Open) to see a preview in the editor area.
- Files and Folders
- Install older version of extension if latest isn't compatible: Previously, Extension Manager would refuse to install the extension at all.
- Launch Live Preview when no files open if an index.html (or similar) file exists at the project root.
- Serbian translation added
- Updated translations: Czech, Finnish, French, German, Spanish, Swedish
Inline editors - All inline widgets (Quick Edit, Quick Docs, etc.) have added an "x" Close button in the upper-left.
Lo-Dash utils - Now included in Brackets, replacing the following Brackets APIs:
_.random(entire NumberUtils module was removed)
The deprecated functions now simply call over to the corresponding Lo-Dash function.
Image files -
getActiveEditor() will return null any time an image is open. Use
getCurrentlyViewedPath() if you need to get the current file even when it's an image. See the Preview Images Spec for details.
Inline editors -
InlineTextEditor.editors (array of Editors) was removed and replaced with
InlineTextEditor.editor (single Editor). With current usage, there was never more than a single element in the array anyway, so this simplifies the API.
All InlineWidget subclasses now have a close button automatically inserted at a fixed position in the upper-left. Ensure your widget's UI stays clear of this area.
Extension load order - User/dev extensions are now loaded after all built-in Brackets extensions have loaded. Previously, the order was unpredictable - making menu item order inconsistent.
Dialogs - Modal Dialogs are now auto-centered both horizontally and vertically over the Brackets Window. Extensions that set custom margins on a dialog's top level DOM node may conflict with this.
FileUtils.canonicalizeFolderPath() is deprecated (it actually makes paths not canonical: the standard format used by DirectoryEntry.fullPath includes a trailing "/", while this function removes the trailing "/"). Use
stripTrailingSlash() if you need to explicitly un-normalize a path.
updateWelcomeProjectPath() now include a trailing "/" as well (previously they did not). (No known extensions use these APIs).
New/Improved Extensibility APIs
Lo-Dash - utility library is now available in Brackets.
- Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8) by default will not allow Brackets to run since it's not digitally signed yet. To work around this, right click the Brackets app and choose Open. You only need to do that once -- afterward, launching Brackets the normal way will work also.
- #2272: Windows Vista may not allow the Brackets installer to run (you may not see any error message). To work around this, right-click the installer file, choose Properties, and click the Unblock button.
- #4362: Slow startup of Brackets and Live Preview on Windows due to Chrome proxy settings. See workaround.
- Debug > Run Tests is disabled in the installer/DMG distributions of Brackets, because the unit test code is not included. To run unit tests, pull Brackets from GitHub instead.
Community contributions to Brackets
- Mac: Accept folder dropped on dock icon by Eugene Ostroukhov
- Replace with regexp subexpression substitutions ($1, etc.) by Marcel Gerber
- Start Live Development even if no open file by Marcel Gerber
- Close Others [Above/Below] in Working Files context menu by Sathyamoorthi
- Find in Files: Better feedback while searching & when no results by Sharat M R
- Add close button to all inline editors by Thomas Erbe
- Add Serbian translation by Goran Vasić
- Make inline Bezier editor localizable by Marcel Gerber
- Center dialogs dynamically (part 2, part 3) by Bernhard Sirlinger
- Press Delete in Recent Projects popup to remove from list by Sandeep Jain
- Close 'Recent Projects' dropdown on 2nd click by Marcel Gerber
- Linux: Fix leak when creating folders by eyelash
- Fix #4949: URL hints didn't show without explicit Ctrl+Space by Bernhard Sirlinger
- Fix #5517: Blank line number when switching between CSS rules with same number by Patrick Oladimeji
- Fix #5426: Quick View popup flickers when moving mouse rightward) by Marcel Gerber
- Fix Polish translation bug that prevented launching a clean install of Brackets by Mateusz Gachowski
- Fix Menus.removeMenu() to clean up dividers by Lance Campbell
- Min height for search results panel by Oskar Tjoskar
- Improve unit test robustness: avoid not.toBeNull() by gmeluski
- Fix InstallExtensionDialog unit tests for non-English locales by Bernhard Sirlinger
- Cleanup: Remove references to CodeHintManager from Editor by Bernhard Sirlinger
- Cleanup: Change Bezier editor loc keys to match idenfier rename by Marcel Gerber
- Cleanup: Remove Sprint 22 preferences migration code by Bernhard Sirlinger
- Cleanup: Keep translation files' formatting consistent by Marcel Gerber
- German translation update by mynetx
- German translation update (part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5, part 6) by Marcel Gerber
- Spanish translation update by Chema Balsas
- Czech translation update (part 2) by kvarel
- Finnish translation fixes (and) by Jukka Hyytiälä
- Swedish translation fix by Michael Cole
Pulling source code from Git
- A new brackets-shell build is required for this sprint (API change on Mac, Dark Shell fixes on Windows). Be sure to rerun
grunt setupbefore building.
- Some submodules were updated this sprint. Run
git submodule updateto ensure your source tree is fully up to date.
Bugs fixed in Sprint 33
For details on the bugs addressed, please refer to closed sprint 33 bugs. A few of the fixed bugs might not be caught by this search query, however.