Release Notes: Sprint 17
Clone this wiki locally
What's New in Sprint 17
- 'Live Highlight' from CSS code: While Live Preview is open, putting your cursor in a CSS rule in Brackets will highlight all matching HTML elements in the browser. Use "File > Live Highlight" to toggle this off.
- JSP and ASP files are now recognized as HTML-like for Live Preview's local server support
- Inline color picker: Use Quick Edit anywhere a hex color, rgb() or hsl() appears to edit it inline. Includes shortcut swatches for other colors used in the file.
- Block comment/uncomment: Use Ctrl+Shift+/ (Cmd on Mac) to toggle block comments around the current selection.
- Find in Files scoping: Search a specific subtree or even a single file: right-click in the folder tree and choose "Find in..."
No major changes to existing features.
Resizable panels - Panel resizing and expand/collapse now emit a simpler, clearer set of events. See docs on
Resizer for details.
New/Improved Extensibility APIs
InlineWidget - Inline widgets can provide a
refresh() function (overriding the empty stub inherited from InlineWidget) to be notified when the code editor font size changes.
#1551: Changes within an extension (or a unit test) are not reflected by a simple "Debug > Reload Brackets." Workarounds:
- Quit and re-launch Brackets to pick up the changes.
- Open Developer Tools, click the gear icon in the lower-right, and select "Disable cache." This setting is remembered, but is only in effect so long as the Developer Tools browser tab remains open.
- Debug > Run Tests is disabled in the installer/DMG distributions of Brackets, because the unit test code is not included. To run unit tests, pull Brackets from GitHub instead.
- Debug > Show Developer Tools opens in a new tab in Chrome, rather than a new window in Brackets.
- Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8) by default will not allow Brackets to run since it's not digitally signed yet. To work around this, right click the Brackets app and choose Open. You only need to do that once -- afterward, launching Brackets the normal way will work also.
Community contributions to Brackets
- Block comment/uncomment (and) by Tomás Malbrán
- Visual cue if no quick open results by "J.M."
- Turkish translation by Ilker Guller
- Improve expand/collapse behavior and drag events for resizable panels by Chema Balsas
- Fix: Undoing certain text operations takes multiple steps by Tomás Malbrán
- Fix #2182: HTML src/href autocomplete is stale after switching projects by Chema Balsas
- Fix #2061: No gray JSLint star when Brackets launched with JSLint disabled by Tomás Malbrán
- Code cleanup of Live Preview's injected JS code by Jonathan Diehl
- In-browser: Shim FileError when running in browsers that lack it by Maksim Lin
- Italian translation update by Antonello Pasella
- Spanish translation update by Chema Balsas
- German translation updates (and) by "J.M."
- Japanese translation update by Shumpei Shiraishi
Bugs fixed in Sprint 17
For details on the bugs addressed, please refer to closed sprint 17 bugs. A few of the fixed bugs might not be caught by this search query, however.